Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Desolate - 1/30

i reached.
reached for your touch
hoping, yearning to touch more than your empty space.
for, i wanted to hold you close,
and say I Love You's,
whisper sweet somethings into your soul,
lay claim to your future ,
and call it ours.
but you never wanted to love
only use.
unknowingly, i fell into your labyrinth
the lies you crafted around my heart held me captive
with each uttered word and glance provoked
i danced, sung, cried for you
unable to free myself from your embrace.

energy gone.
spirit diminished.
soul broken.

there is nothing left but desperation
and a tear-soaked spirit questioning, why?
asking God, why?
but there was only silence.

and then...

you reached for me
gave me your body and heart
promised me your soul and future.
your love for me became
genuine,
pure,
unequivocally true
but when i touched you
i felt

nothing.

2 comments:

  1. it's almost like... someone offering you a gift that you know, deep inside, they don't want to give you; yet, that person extends the gift to you anyway. sometimes, we wonder what that person is fighting against. what's making it so hard for the person to be true? why won't the person just spare me the trouble and go away... why continue to reach for nothing when I know that I will feel the truth in your touch?

    nice piece.

    CJIV
    http://cjenkinsiv.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that, Cambridge! It's like reaching for a lifesaver when that person took time to see if you were really drowning and if you were gonna call out their name. I'd rather drown next time. lol Another good, solemn piece.

    ReplyDelete