Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hopscotch - 10/30

you tire me
and i play.
in your state of confusion
your mind games entangle me.
deception,
complex webs,
chaos surrounds.
i no longer wish to be apart of your past-time entertainment.
stop, go, skip, jump, turn, jump here, jump there
you control me.
make attempts of fabricating me into a little you
your life-sized doll
and
for too long i allowed you to succeed.
like a horse attached to its bridle
i moved, spoke, thought at your every command.
i was what you wanted me to be.
engulfed in all aspects of you
i lost sight of myself.
thoughts of me faded into your abyss
and i
stuttered into a dismal state of nothing-ness.

2 comments:

  1. Very profound and creative. I found myself in a relationship like this for the past two years. It drained my spirit and placed blame on me entirely. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Anyone who has been in a relationship where the other person became synonymous with air can feel this one. *my hand is raised*

    ReplyDelete