Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ellipses

you.

these words are inadequate
my
thoughts are meaningless
for they fail to grasp the
entirety of my emotions for
you.

all i seem to do is contemplate on the
could have beens
the
supposed connection which lies between us two
which seems to only exist in my mind
yet,
what am i to make of the engaged-in conversations
when we share the space alone?
how am i to explain away
the way you can see and know me
without an exchange of words?
what am i to make of your touch
and
the way you caressed more than my face
as we explored that forbidden kiss?

you.
you are
my dot dot dot
you.
you are
my question mark
you.
are not mine.

with each passing day i
make attempts at forgetting you
attempt
to erase images from my subconscious mind
and conscious being
your images
yet all that i am capable of is creating new ones
fabricating various play by plays of places that we travel to
and names we call our children
and
destines that await us...

yet,
now with eyes wide open
i am reminded that
you
are not mine
that
you
chose not me
that
you
love another each night
that
a we could never be
and i am forever lost in the
unknown space
between the
dot dot dot.

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love this one! I think every woman who has gone through a breakup has found themselves caught between the "dot dot dots" of falling in and out of love. SOLD!

    ReplyDelete